Cheers to the 4th of July
1. Old-fashioned LemonadeINGREDIENTS
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice (from about 10 lemons), plus 2 lemons, sliced
Berries and fresh mint sprigs, for serving
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sugar dissolves, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, 1 1/2 cups sugar syrup, and 4 cups cold water (add remaining sugar syrup to adjust sweetness, if desired). Refrigerate until chilled.
2. Red, White and Blue Ice CubesNow I know that this is technically not a drink, thinktof this as an enhancer...
• Blueberries or raspberries
• Pomegranate seeds
Mince your fruit into smaller pieces and add them into your water filled ice tray. Add in the freezer for a couple of hours and only take them out when your guests are ready for their drinks.
3. The Red and Blue SparklerIngredients
• 4 wooden skewers trimmed to be a few inches longer than the glass
• 1 pint of fresh blueberries
• 8 oz fresh strawberries
• 1 package of Crystal Light Pure drink mix any flavor
• 2 cups chilled drinking water
• 2 cups chilled seltzer water fruit flavored if you like
Make four decorative swizzle sticks by pushing blueberries and strawberries on to the wooden skewers, ending with a strawberry on the bottom. Place the skewers in glasses.In a pitcher, combine two of the Crystal Light Pure packets with two cups of cold water. Stir until fully dissolved. Add two cups of seltzer water and stir once, gently. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
4. Watermelon BelliniIngredients
• 1 cup watermelon, cubed
• Champagne or sparkling cider
Puree the watermelon in a blender. Evenly divide the puree between 4 champagne glasses. Fill the glasses with champagne or sparkling cider. Garnish with a piece of watermelon if desired.
Into podcasts? CLICK HERE to follow us on FASHIONED RADIO.
Are you on social media? WE ARE, TOO!
Instagram: @fashionedmag | FB: @Fashioned Magazine | Twitter: @FashionedMag
For more fashion and fun, visit us at: fashionedmagazine.com