3 Style Basics Every Woman Needs


Elle Magazine’s Digital Style Director was featured in a an article about 3 pieces she swears by and two ways to style each of them. First of all to have the title “ digital style director” under your belt you know that person knows a thing or two about being a skilled shopper and outfit-putter-together. That’s what Nikki Ogunnaike does best finding those season specific pieces and wearing them to fashion weeks worldwide. In the article she talks us through three pieces she always has on rotation.

1.    The White T-shirt


Miss Ogunnaike said, “I'm always looking for a higher neckline like a crew, something that's structured so it looks like I'm deliberately wearing a t-shirt, not like I rolled out of bed, pulled on a t-shirt and came to work. A slightly thicker material is vital so my bra doesn't peek through, I wear blazers a lot, and since I'm inherently a more casual dresser, I tend to layer a t-shirt underneath it. It's also a nice canvas to highlight jewelry; layered necklaces look great against a white tee." She says the key to making your t-shirt for any outfit, work or weekend, is keeping it as pristine as possible. So being careful when you wash it and try to hang dry it instead of putting it into the high temperatures of a machine.


2.    The Jean Jacket


"You can wear a jean jacket with all sorts of stuff: as a shirt on its own, with a t-shirt or turtleneck layered underneath, or open over a dress. I treat this white version the way I would blue denim—it's just as versatile and a nice alternative. Everyone reaches for a classic indigo, but you can get just as much range out of white." She says. If you are looking for a high-waisted style, tuck into your pants. Since most denim jackets fall above the hip bone, it can be tricky for them to stay tucked into anything else.

3.    The Straight-Leg Jeans


Nikki said, "I always chose a jean that hits above the ankle or right below, because that way I know I won’t have to get it hemmed and can wear with flats or heels and it'll look good. Straight-leg or slightly wide cuts are my go-tos too since any type of shoe works." Making the boyfriend-ish cut work versatile is an easy thing to do, whether you are going to work or a night on the town.



-Kyree... 💋
Are you on social media? WE ARE, TOO!
Instagram: @fashionedmag  |   FB: @Fashioned Magazine  | Twitter: @FashionedMag
For more fashion and fun, visit us at fashionedmagazine



Comments

Popular Posts