Challenge Accepted

The New Year's is such a amazing occasion. Getting to close 2017 with great friends and family as you watch the ball drop and the time tick away and suddenly another chapter begins. This is great day for us to reevaluate the goods and bads that happened throughout the year and things we should keep doing or stop, right now. 2018 will brings new challenges to face head on with new declarations in mind. But I've noticed that allot of my declarations have been the same, year after year.

I decided to shake things up a bit––instead of having a bunch of extremely broad yearly goals to reach for, I am going to declare more precise short term goals that will ultimately lead me to my long term. This could mean instead of saying I want to lose all this weight in 2018, I could say for the whole month of January I will drink only water, or I will eat more greens and less browns. This can also work for finances. Maybe you could give yourself a goal of having at least $50-$100 in you account left over by the end of the month. Instead of just saying, "I will do better with my finances." I'm gonna call this the New Year month to month challenge. Will you join me??

Here's how we'll do it––write down your long term goals for the year, ( those are the regular goals you would probably give yourself for 2018 (i.e. " I will be healthier this year, I will become more organized, I will do better with my finances." ) Then for each goal, write down your month: January. Then write a goal for the month that you want to achieve that will help with the long term. 

This is what it should look like….

2018: I will be more healthier this year.

January
I will drink only water this month.
February
Etc…

At the end of the month you will come back to this paper and see if have achieved your goal and you are ready to move on to something harder or if you need to work on it some more.

Not only will this be a tool to help us finally reach our year's resolution, but maybe even to see what the deeper reasons are, if any, that we haven't reached it yet.

I will be here for support throughout this challenge as I hope you guys will be there for me as well, for support and accountability.

So cheers to the New year and to the New You! 

Best,

Kyree McField
Merchandising Editor


Are you on social media? WE ARE, TOO!
Instagram: @fashionedmag  |   FB: @Fashioned Magazine  | Twitter: @FashionedMag
For more fashion and fun, visit us at: fashionedmagazine.com

Comments

Popular Posts