Homemade Granola Energy Bars
Who doesn't love a quick pick me up in the middle of the day. Unfortunately most of the midday energy supplements there are not very many healthy options. I mean lets face it when most of us want a quick boost of energy-- it is usually something carbonated with lots of sugar. One of my favorite blogs, Withlovefromkat.com posted a recipe from her new cookbook , which includes this yummy treat. Once I saw this I had to come right over and share it with you guys! These granola bars are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free-- sounds too good to be true. They are loaded with oats which are high in protein, chia and flax seeds which are high in fiber, coconut which is an anti fungal, pumpkin seeds which are a healthy fat and packed full of antioxidants. Plus they are sweetened with maple syrup, which is one of the best natural sweeteners. Here is the recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and then pour the mixture on the baking sheet.
- using your hands spread out the mixture into a 1" thick rectangle.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Then slice and enjoy! (Makes 12 bars).