Fall into clutter-free

 Photo by Lauren Fleischmann

It is officially fall and I am loving it! This is one of my favorite seasons of the year, from the decor to the fashion to the pumpkin spiced everything, I love Fall! Tis' the season for boots and booties as far as I can see,  but my vision can be a bit tunneled this season because of one word, a word my mom shutters every time I say it - Clutter! One of my favorite bloggers, WithlovefromKat.com, posted on her Instagram that she cleans out her closet four times a year to control the clutter, talk about goals! This season if you want to challenge yourself to not just say #goals, but make them a reality then here are some tips to help you start this journey to cleanliness! 
  • ·        Clean as you go… Clean on the go!

One of my mom’s many sayings is, “When you cook you clean.” Now I know some of you may be thinking, well that’s great but I don’t cook. I feel that this saying can be used universally such as, when you brush your teeth, clean. Sometimes when our lives are so busy we tend to forget those little moments of down time we have every day.
  • ·        The five minute clean up

Okay confession time- I love Oprah! I hope I didn’t lose anybody with that confession and if I did well than deuces to you too. Kidding not kidding, but for real I love Oprah. I’m stating this because of the millions of things I have learned from her; this lesson is definitely one of the top ten. All you have to do is set aside five minutes - just five, and just clean. Now this is not a deep clean this is just picking up clothes, washing the dishes or vacuuming. Some sort of cleaning for five minutes straight. You’ll be surprised how much you can get done.
  • ·        Get rid of excess

Now prepare yourselves, because this is the hardest step, removing items you have no use for anymore. If you’re like me and your daily trips to your closet or your drawers consist with you saying, “Wow, I forgot I even had this” it’s time to…let it go (No Frozen pun intended). Something I always say to myself when it’s time to declutter, Just don’t look it. When we start to ponder on newly rediscovered buried treasures it becomes harder to let go. Just remember you went this long without it, you’ll be fine.
  • ·        Be positive, you can do it.

Some of us have been in clutter so long, that a clutter-free life seems like only a dream. But just remember you can do it! Don’t try to accomplish everything at once. Just take things a step at a time, and then when you have mastered that step add another.

“Get rid of clutter and you may just find it was blocking the door you’ve been looking for…” – Katrina Mayer

“Clear Clutter- make space for you” – Magdalena Vandenberg


                                                                     ❤-Kyree.. 💋


Are you on social media? WE ARE, TOO!
Instagram: @fashionedmag  |   FB: @Fashioned Magazine  | Twitter: @FashionedMag
For more fashion and fun, visit us at: fashionedmagazine.com

Comments

Popular Posts