The Art of Getting What You Want

Photo by Kayle Kaupanger

Everyone desires to be healthy, wealthy and/or happy. How do we get what we want in life? How do we reach the end of our race––the light at the end of the tunnel? Trust me, you are not alone in asking all these questions. We all want to know the keys to open the doors we have been waiting for-- but the truth is most of us will never know when it will open until it happens. You know I used to think that my prince charming was going to come knocking on my front door and that is how we were going to start the rest of our lives––right then and there ... get married, have kids and grow old together. I guess you could say I was dreaming a bit, right? Or I have watched way to many 80's movies ... lol. As silly as my story may sound, we have all been through this scenario once, twice or a couple times in our lives. We thought our golden ticket was just going to get handed to us as we walked through the door, but it never does and you know what? I'm kind of glad it doesn't. I don't know about you but when someone just hands me something it doesn't have the same feeling as when I achieved it. When someone just gives me something, its a nice and sweet jester-- but when I stayed up throughout the night, fought through blood, sweat and tears and achieved my goal, I feel so accomplished. I know it can feel like some races will never be finished. Those feeling can eat away at your motivation to stay in and fight. Here are some tips that I used when my motivation started to drain away....


  1. Be Grateful for the process.
  2. Adjust your goal size ( Sometimes less is more!)
  3. Exercise
  4. Reduce your daily distractions ( In order to appreciate our own goals we need to stop looking at someone else #Goals) 
  5. Make a dream board ( Sometimes we lose sight of the big prize, this helps us remember why we are doing what we are doing)
  6. Take a walk
  7. Try something new today
  8. Get more sleep
  9. Volunteer somewhere
  10. Let go of your fears ( YOU CAN OVERCOME)

 My sweet friends hear me out continue to fight the fight, run the race, finish the task because I promise in the end it will be so much more sweeter than you could ever imagine.




-Kyree.. 💋

Are you on social media? WE ARE, TOO!
Instagram: @fashionedmag  |   FB: @Fashioned Magazine  | Twitter: @FashionedMag
For more fashion and fun, visit us at: fashionedmagazine.com
Photo by Patrick Hendry


Comments

Popular Posts