Protein Powder Reviews

Protein powders are very popular among health-conscious people. There are so many options out there with so many benefits, it can become a bit overwhelming. Also, there is nothing worse than spending money on something that doesn't do what it promises or taste good. Single packs come in handy, they're less expensive and you can try them before you buy in. This is exactly what I did, I bought several different brands and flavors of powders at Target, each for under $2.50. Here is my review...


Vega Protein& Greens: Vanilla flavor
What it has - It contains 20-grams of complete, plant-based protein. 2 servings of greens. Only 110 calories per serving. Gluten-free, Vegan, non-GMO project verified.  Target $24.99.

What I did - I mixed this with 1/2 cup of spinach, 1/4 cup of kale, 1/2 mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries), 1 medium banana and 1/2 fair life lactose milk.

My Review - The flavor was okay. My biggest problem was the graininess of the smoothie, it was very chalky. My energy levels, however, were great. I did feel more energized throughout my morning drinking this powder. 7/10


Vega Proteins & Greens: Salted Caramel flavor
What it hasIt contains 20-grams of complete, plant-based protein. 2 servings of greens. only 110 calories per serving. Gluten-free, Vegan, non-GMO project verified. Target $19.99.

What I did -  I mixed this with 1/2 cup of spinach, 1/4 cup of kale, 1/2 mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries), 1/2 fair life lactose milk and 1/4 water.

My Review - As much as I love salted caramel I did not like this flavor too much. I am glad I didn't add the banana to this one because sometimes bananas can act as a natural sweetener and this drink was already too sweet. I also added about 1/4 cup of water to help with some of the graininess. Just like the other flavor, my energy levels were great throughout the morning, it had even helped me through my yoga and barre class as well.  6/10



Olly Plant-Powered Protein: Velvet Vanilla flavor
What it has -it contains 18-grams of plant protein, 160 MG Omega 3's. Only 120 calories per serving. Non-GMO, Gluten-free and Vegan. Works best for your post or pre workouts. Target $19.99.

What I didI mixed this with 1/2 cup of spinach, 1/4 cup of kale, 1/2 mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries), 1/2 fair life lactose milk and 1/4 water.

My Review - I enjoyed the taste of this brand the most-- it was right in between sweet and savory, just how I like it. My energy levels were great throughout the day, I did kickboxing after work and I was able to last throughout the class. 9/10


Olly Slim Protein Smoothie: Salted Caramel Chocolate flavor
What it hasit is a 15-gram plant-based protein smoothie that helps keep you full. Contains blood orange extract features active compounds to help manage your weight. Only 150 calories per serving. Non-GMO, gluten-free and vegan. Works best for your post or pre workouts. Target $27.99.

What I did - This was the only pack that was not recommended to be mixed with any smoothie. So I just did 1/2 fair life lactose milk and 1/2 water. Also just to add a bit more greens to the smoothie I added 1/4 spinach and 1/2 kale.

My Review - I'm not a huge chocolate fan but this actually tasted pretty good. I did add more kale which might have helped curb some of the sweetness. Just like the other drink, my energy levels were great all day.  I did yoga and Boot-camp and my energy was able to last throughout both classes. 7/10



Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen 
What it does - Now this was the only one that truly wasn't a protein pack but it does have many health benefits. Such as skin, hair, nail and joint support. The flavor is Lavender Lemon. Target $24.99.

What I did - I mixed it with cold water in my blender just to get all of the ingredients mixed in together well.

My review -  I enjoyed the taste of this drink. The flavor was very pleasant and calming. I did, however, get a bit of an aftertaste and my throat did start to tingle a bit, but once I drank some water it went away immediately. My energy levels didn't change at all but starting off the day in a more calm state of mind was very nice. 7/10

I hope this post helps jump start your search for your personal protein. Also keep in mind it is recommended to get most to all of your protein from food, but for some that's not the case. Also it is very important to read the nutrition facts on the back before you buy. Some products may state they help with weight loss but be high is sugar or calories. Always be aware of what you put into your body.
-Kyree... 💋
Are you on social media? WE ARE, TOO!
Instagram: @fashionedmag  |   FB: @Fashioned Magazine  | Twitter: @FashionedMag
For more fashion and fun, visit us at fashion magazine

Comments

Popular Posts