Quarantine Love Series: Noemi's Love Story

We're doing a Quarantine Love Series. Also, February is the Love month.

We are going to talk about LOVE and celebrate different kinds of love from newly engaged to married and even about our pets. We will be hearing it from the female perspective and how we can learn from one another.

We may be in different life stages but we are on this journey together with Jesus.

Would you like to hear a good story?

This is about Noemi's Story of God's Faithfulness. They knew each other back in high school but life happens. In God's timing, everything came together for his glory and she found her very own prince charming.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 


God’s Faithfulness

Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
Psalm 27:14
New King James Version

Like most girls, I always dreamed about the day my parents would walk me down the aisle, oh the joy! Being born and raised in a traditional household with a huge emphasis on values and morals didn’t make much sense to me until I got older, and oh am I so thankful for that. Being the middle child out of five, and having two older sisters was a blessing I’d later value so much.

Many times in our lives we think we know what is best for us and we go out of our way chasing people and things that God never intended for us to chase. 

I met William junior year in high school and the day I looked into his green eyes I knew there was something about him that was more than just charming. However, at that time I was committed to the furtherance of my education and it passed me by. William graduated and went his way.

Eight years passed by and with those years a heartbreak that I thought was the end of my world. One day William and I saw each other at a mutual friend’s gathering and my heart was so happy to see him once again. At that point, I had a Bachelor's and was beginning my career, hey I had furthered my education a tad so that was good. He and I were friends, and even though we didn’t see each other often, we occasionally messaged each other to see how we were doing. There was even a year when we got to attend a concert, Universal Studios, and even a soccer game, all just as friends. 

You may wonder, was I dating someone else, I was. I thought the Lord had sent me someone that I later discovered was only placed in my life to bring me closer to God Himself. I vowed to never turn away from God, my God, the One that safeguarded me no matter how many times I went the opposite way of the way He had told me to go. 

One year I found myself constantly thinking about William and I sometimes even joked about how he was the one that got away! But wait it doesn’t stop there, on two different occasions I dreamed William would tell me he was going to get married and I would cry, so happy it was just a dream! It was so strange to dream something like this, but again it slipped me by. Our mutual friends would conversate and comment on how he was still single and how we would be so cute together, I mean that thought did always stay in my mind. 

In February of 2020, William asked me out on a date to celebrate my thirtieth birthday. He took me to Bottega Louie in Los Angeles where we dined and had a conversation like never before. I remember him telling me how we were once again at a cross path we had been before. We chatted about life and how God knew the exact plans he had for us and how nothing would pass us by without us noticing it. That night I told him how I have always believed that what God had intended for me had my name on it way before the foundations of the world, to which he replied “Can’t you see your name is written on my forehead?” My heart did a summersault, but he didn’t know that.
 
Then the world was hit with a global pandemic that would just put a pause on everything, absolutely everything. Like most of the world, William and I stayed confined to our separate homes, but we started dating… dating. I remember we had movie date nights on Friday nights, we would be on the phone and count to three before playing the movie we had chosen throughout the day. One memory that will always be with me was when, at the beginning of quarantine back in March of 2020, I got home to a box in the mail. Inside the box was a letter he’d written to me and a beautiful 100-piece puzzle, when will I ever finish this was the first thing that popped into my head! I loved it though, I loved that he was thinking about me just as I was. 

Throughout my life I remember my mom always praying for good men of God is not just my life, but my sisters’ lives as well. My two older sisters are now married to amazing men, a true example of a covenant they are to me. Having William in my life is a promise fulfilled. Why you may ask. Before William came back into my life a powerhouse of a pastor prophesied over me, she told me that the man God had for me was coming and that he wouldn’t just love and respect me just for me, but that he would love the Lord himself, oh and that it wouldn’t be too late when he came around. I always had a timeline over my life, I needed to be married at 30, how silly I was to think that, but you know what God was even in the little things, He specified it would be a little late, but not too late. 

William was in a motorcycle accident in November of 2019, where he got injured very badly and was in a coma for 14 days. This was around the same time I had dreamed of him marrying off to someone else. I praise God every day for healing him and keeping him under the Shadow of His wings for me. We are both in agreement that God gave him a second chance because he has a purpose, just like we all do. 

Fast forward to August 29, 2020, William asked me to be his girlfriend while flying over the Los Angeles seashore and admiring the summer sunset. Lots of hikes and family hangouts took over our 2020 year, and to seal the year on December 06, 2020, William asked me to marry him on a cliff overlooking the ocean in Rancho Palos Verdes while a violinist played a thousand years. William was the one, he was all along, but it wasn’t until I let go of my timeline and my plans, that God stepped in and marveled me with His faithfulness. I get to marry my best bud and the one God created for me on October 02, 2021.

God is faithful, oh so very much and His plans for our lives are better than ours. There are going to be many detours, and we will have many plans, but His plans will ultimately prevail. Trust me though, you wouldn’t want it any other way!



Noemi Lopez photos used with permission

Sara🌻
Blogger/Writer, Fashioned Magazine 

Are you on social media? WE ARE, TOO!
Instagram: @fashionedmag  |   FB: @Fashioned Magazine  | Twitter: @FashionedMag
For more fashion and fun, visit us at fashionedmagazine.com

Got teens? Check out Teen Fashioned Magazine at teenfashioned.com

Are you ready for something new? CLICK HERE to subscribe to our Editor-in-Chief's new talk show, A New Thing LIVE! 

Into podcasts? CLICK HERE to follow us on FASHIONED RADIO.

Comments

Popular Posts