Quarantine Love Series: Single While Covid

Photo Credit: Sammy Santillano 

Raelene Cota will be sharing with us as a single young adult Christian woman while in covid how she has been handling everything and making God first in her life by spending intimate time with God allow him to heal and restore areas that have been broken and trusting in God with every matter and allow him to work out the details. This time is meant for preparation for where he wants to take us next.❤️ 

Interview Questions:

1. Congratulations Raelene you just turned 30 this year, do you have any advice or life lessons for a single woman in her 20s?


Some of the things that I learned in my 20s. I would say the importance of taking one thing at a time. And not rushing God.
The importance of taking one thing at a time improves mental health for the fact that when we are focused on so many things that are when anxiety takes place.
Also, rushing God when it comes to our desires only ends with heartbreak and brokenness. It is important to trust God with every matter and allow him to work out the details.

2. As a single young adult Christian woman during quarantine, what does that look like biblically, and how to navigate that with healthy boundaries?

As being a single young adult Christian woman during quarantine how that should look like biblically I would say it is the best time for singles for the fact we have more time to seek first the kingdom of God because that is where we will grow and be healed by him.

3. What should a single person be doing right now?

Single people should be staying focused on the Lord the most during this time. As life has slowed down spend that time with God allow him to heal and restore areas that have been broken. This time is meant for preparation for where he wants to take us next.

4. What is your fashion and beauty style? What is your beauty routine? 

I love street fashion I am always rocking a denim jacket with my t-shirts tucked in and can't forget the Adidas. Also, I do like wearing a graphic tee with ripped jeans.

A beauty routine that I have is using a face wash I recommend this because it removes makeup from the day as pores can become clogged.

5. How do you put God first in your life?

How I put God first in my life is to make sure that I talk to him every single day I get up because it just makes the day flow. When I work an early shift on my way to work I make sure I listen to worship first before I put on music I want to listen to.

6. What is your favorite bible verse for this season?

 My favorite verse this season is
“For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2:16‬ ‭

7. Why are female friendships so important?

Female friendships are so important because as a single woman of God it helps us to grow and stay focused on God. It's important to have accountability.

8. What song is on repeat for you right now?

A song that I have on repeat right now is Way Up by Kingdom Wave.

The song goes like this:

Lord, I need You more than ever
You then only one I'm calling back up
If You know who He is, You know what it is
I know everybody needs some backup
I know He can get me through it
Nobody can get me through it
Can't nobody do it but You

9. What makes you, you?

What makes me I would say how uniquely God has made me and realizing that nobody else is like me. My pure heart and my smile light up a room.

10. How do you self-care and self-love yourself during quarantine?


How I do self-care and self-love during this time is I would say my life is pretty busy in the Lord but I always make sure that I find time to rest.

11. Are you a dog person or cat person?

I am more of a dog person I am allergic to cats.

12. How do you view love?

The way that I view love is through the eyes of God because if I look at love the way that the world does it is more lustful and just a feeling than been pure-hearted.

13. What do you like to do for fun? Any hobbies?

What I like to do for fun is go shopping and then take a drive somewhere. I enjoy being outside more than being inside. I’d rather be out and about than stay home.

14. What is your favorite ice cream or frozen treat?

My favorite ice cream is cookies and cream. I also do like cookie dough.

15. Do you prefer coffee or tea or boba?

I prefer Boba It is my favorite.

16. Three words to describe yourself.

Three words that describe me are pure-hearted, funny, and caring.




Raelene Cota attends 
the Rock Church in Anaheim and she serves in a women's ministry called Enough. She is a Barista for Starbucks, She works at a Bridal shop called Ashley Nadine Bridal Boutique, And lastly, She has her clothing line called God First Initiative. 

Raelene Cota's photos were used with permission and photo credit Sammy Santillano

Sara🌻
Blogger/Writer, Fashioned Magazine 

Are you on social media? WE ARE, TOO!
Instagram: @fashionedmag  |   FB: @Fashioned Magazine  | Twitter: @FashionedMag
For more fashion and fun, visit us at fashionedmagazine.com

Got teens? Check out Teen Fashioned Magazine at teenfashioned.com

Are you ready for something new? CLICK HERE to subscribe to our Editor-in-Chief's new talk show, A New Thing LIVE! 

Into podcasts? CLICK HERE to follow us on FASHIONED RADIO.

Comments

Popular Posts